The movement across this country to tear down/remove statues that are related to past racial injustices is growing. We have seen the videos of statues being torn down and removed all across this country. Even in the United States Capitol a movement is afoot by Speaker of the House to remove eleven statues of Confederate leaders from the hallowed halls. But, Nancy Pelosi fails to mention that nine of the eleven of the Confederate leaders were Democrats.
The statues that Pelosi wants removed include:
- Jefferson Davis, president of the Confederate States of America and former Democratic U.S. senator from Mississippi
- James Zachariah George, former Democratic U.S. senator from Mississippi and member of the Confederacy as well as the Mississippi Secession Convention
- Wade Hampton, lieutenant general for the Confederacy and former Democratic governor of South Carolina
- John E. Kenna, member of the Confederate States Army, former Democratic congressman and U.S. senator from West Virginia
- Uriah Milton Rose, chairman of the Resolutions Committee of the Arkansas Democratic Party
- Edmund Kirby Smith, general for the Confederate States Army with no recorded political party affiliation
- Alexander Hamilton Stephens, vice president of the Confederate States who served as a Democratic congressman from Georgia and governor of Georgia
- Zebulon Baird Vance, member of the Confederate Army and former Democratic governor of North Carolina
- Joseph Wheeler, commander in the Confederate Army and former Democratic congressman from Alabama
- Robert E. Lee, commander of the Confederate States Army
- Edward Douglass White, member of Confederate Army, former Louisiana Democratic senator and associate justice of the Supreme Court
Senator Rand Paul took to Facebook today to troll the Democratic Speaker and we have never laughed harder!